About CF Interiors:
Family owned and operated for over 40 years, CF Interiors, formerly known as Country Furniture, is a Canadian retailer specializing in home furnishings and accessories, servicing interior design professionals and decor enthusiasts across the country.
We're passionate about well designed, stylish furniture that lasts, and we strive to provide exceptional customer service to assist designers and clients in curating beautiful spaces. Operated by siblings Mike, Brock and Allison Andrew, the business has drastically evolved over the years, with three locations in Vancouver, North Vancouver and Calgary.
CF Interiors offers leading interior design selections from modern, classic and transitional furnishings and accessories to suit any aesthetic, and has become Western Canada's premiere furniture store destination.
About the Position:
We are currently looking for a General Manager to join our Vancouver team, working mostly in our North Vancouver retail location. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years experience in Retail Management, loves problem solving, is a strong multi-tasker and enjoys a variety of constantly changing tasks and challenges in addition to running the daily operations of the store.
You have experience with Human Resources and work well with different personalities. You enjoy training, developing and recruiting staff. Positive workplace culture is something that you take pride in and you are constantly looking for ways to build the team morale and improve employee retention.
You are also someone who never has the response of "this is not my job" as you will be expected to have a strong understanding of all the roles within the company and be able to assist in any department as necessary.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the following and additional duties as delegated:Operations:
- Oversee all day to day operations for the company
- Oversee the management team and front line staff both at the retail stores and in the warehouse
- Ensure company procedures are being adhered to by all team members
- Create and implement new procedures and systems to increase productivity
- Work with owners to set sales goals and meet with staff on a regular basis to ensure goals are being met and exceeded
- Provide support, training and feedback to front line staff as necessary to ensure growth and development in their roles
- Be a "jack of all trades" - you must understand and know how to function in all aspects of the business to effectively lead the operations
- Work on the floor in all 3 retail locations to ensure problems and opportunities are addressed in a timely manner
- Respond to customer complaints, both at the store level and escalated Claims issues
- Meet with the owners on a regular basis to report on KPI's, sales, etc.
- Plan and lead regular management and company meetings
- Manage all recruiting for new employees - this includes, postings on Indeed, first round interviews, on-boarding/orientation, management of new hire files
- Establish "Trainers" within the company that are responsible for training all new team members
- Create training programs and schedules
- Schedule regular reviews for all team members - work with store managers to prepare reviews and put action plans into place for improvement
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a retail or hospitality management role
- Proven track record of success helping a team to drive sales and profitability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable based on the daily needs of the business
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an HR role
Why you should work here:
- Company benefits package – including dental and extended health package
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Matching RRSP contributions
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Retail Management: 3 years (required)
Work remotely: No
To apply, please complete your application through our Indeed job posting.